Layered Paper Pastels

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sorting Through and Clearing Out. Have you SEEN my studio?

The Artist's Way Week #4 Recovering a Sense of Integrity


“Shifts in taste and perception frequently accompany shifts in identity.” Julia Cameron writes in Chapter 4. This week’s reading explains the idea that as I continue to move closer to recovering my creative identity I may have feelings of weeding out, sorting through and discarding old belongings.

I am hoping this does not apply to the things in my studio!
My studio is my refuge and a very interesting place; it is also the pack rat palace of the world! I love collecting insignificant, unrelated, and interesting things. “You never know when you might need this” is my creed. Every fascinating tid-bit is a cache of marvelous memories or precious possibilities. Stacked on every shelf, corner and horizontal space are all of my extraneous treasures! Can you imagine how terrified I was at the mere prospect that I might have feelings of weeding out, sorting through and discarding any of them?

So, here’s a thought. How about if when then these marvelous feelings of creative clarity arrive, followed by the need to weed out, sort through or discard, I head straight for my husband’s closet!

Yes- I understand this is NOT what Chapter 4, Recovering a Sense of Integrity intended, but I am thinking it has some promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment