Layered Paper Pastels

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Good Vibrations

Celebrating the beginning of the 12th year of creative facilitating is an excellent time to take a look back at the countless classes, workshops, summer Artist’s Way groups and remember all of the wonderful creatives I have had the privilege of getting to know. Each and everyone of them has touched my heart in their own way and have contributed so much to my own creativity! I am so grateful!

This is what I have to focus on as each new class begins. As I stand in front of a new class I am scared to death, my heart pounds and I ask myself why am I doing this! I panic, I sweat, my throat is dry and my voice cracks! I wonder if they notice? I want desperately to know what they are all thinking, do they like me, do they think I am nuts, will they trust me, are they laughing at me? Every fear you can imagine is lurking just under my skin and my first inclination is to turn and run. The terror is overwhelming!

The 2009 Artist’s Way Group at the Casselberry Art House began last Sunday night and I was praying this would be the class that I finally get over this! The short answer is, no it wasn’t. It was the same apprehension, the same anxiety all over again, but something was very different this time! There was an incredible electricity and energy that filled the studio classroom, the first time I have ever felt such exciting camaraderie on the first encounter. I am so excited and am certain that these good vibrations are just the beginning of one of the most exhilarating creative summers of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment