Layered Paper Pastels

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

3...2...1....Blast Off!

Artist's Way Week #5- Recovering a Sense of Possibility

The Artist’s Way has introduced me to a whole new way of looking at God (or the Universe, Higher Power etc.). I have looked at and wrestled with my monsters of the past and I have now identified the crazymakers in my present. Then last week I took a good hard look at me and how I did (or did not) spend my creative time. I know in my heart that these lessons are necessary for me to move forward with my creative recovery. Each chapter has exposed and enlightened, and all of it to this point, has have kept me comfortably grounded.

There was no warning that chapter 5 was going to launch me into the future! I was prepared for my creative future to begin at the end of the book but certainly NOT before the half way point of the book. My insides are screaming “I AM NOT READY”. I feel like I am sitting on a creative launch pad, all suited up and ready to go, with no clue where I am headed or how I am going to get there!

Living close to Cape Canaveral, I know how a launch is supposed to go. Every single working part is inspected and then inspected again. Every system has a backup, with a backup for the backup; there cannot be the slightest glitch. There is no margin for error and everything is planned down to the minutest detail. And then….after all of the planning and preparation, the launch will often be postponed to another day while they recheck everything all over again. Clearly, my creative life has been rolled out to the launch pad, but I assure you, the launch date has not been set.

I optimistically arrived at chapter 5 prepared for, quite frankly, more preparation, only to find that the count down has already started. I have no back up systems in place and no real destination in mind. 10..9..8..7...Separation from Ground support, 6…5…4… Creative Life Systems Ignition, 3..2..1…BLAST OFF! There’s no turning back now!

No comments:

Post a Comment