Layered Paper Pastels

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Shadow Artist? Is that what I am?

www.theartistsway.org

Julia Cameron, author of The Artist’s Way describes a shadow artist as a creative that chooses a career that is close to the life they would like to have themselves, but are afraid to actually pursue themselves. YEE-OUCH that stings! And I should know, when it comes to shadow artist’s it is very possible that I am the queen!

As a young woman I went to school and got a degree in interior design, in practice it was more about budget and installations and the opportunity to be creative dwindled. I became increasingly dissatisfied with my work and life! The chance to manage and then own my own picture framing business brought me even closer to the art my soul was silently screaming to be near. I made certain I stayed very close to the energy of creativity by limiting my business to art galleries and artists, drawing even closer to my tribe but still afraid to acknowledge or God forbid give into to it.

Years of unrealized dreams zapped my energy, joy and happiness, until finally this interesting book came along and called me a shadow artist, and gave me the tools to move forward into the life I was meant to have. Woo-Hoo!

Shadow Artists will be the toppic of our Artist Way Group's Second Sunday Gathering at the Casselberry Art House, Casselberry, FL. We invite all creatives to join us May 10 at 7:00 PM. Second Sunday meetings will be discontinued through summer for our annual Artist Way Class-Chapter by chapter-week by week every Sunday Evening June 7 through Aug 30- Hope you can join us! www.theartistsway.org for mor info about our group.
Artfully,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment