Layered Paper Pastels

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Morning Pages vs Blogging

Many times in Artist's Way classes we have discussed the differences between doing Morning Pages on the computer and writing them out in long hand. I have always advocated going long hand, personally there seems to be a wonderful flow that to occurs through the pen and onto the paper. Working on the computer is still very awkward, so I do not not think blogging will ever replace my morning pages. Not to mention having my Morning Pages accessible and readable to anyone. Jeez, is that scary. I have explained many times that I do not even keep my own pages once the composition book is full, for fear that someday, after my demise someone might stumble on them and think they were my journals or diary. OMG! They would all think I am nuts, bi-polar, hopelessly psychotic and a host of really serious psychiatric maladies. Perhaps the blog will be good for thoughts like this....maybe not.... Maybe when we get into summer classes it may be a place to post more thoughts on that weeks chapter. Who the heck knows. I think I will just keep playing with this forum and see how it goes. Stay tuned, something may come of this.

1 comment:

  1. I think if you stick with it, you will find the blog a different sort of outlet. I also do both and I could never see one replacing the other. They are apples and oranges.

    ReplyDelete